September 14, 2013

The Unplanned Hokkien Mee Challenge

So we headed to Bukit Timah food centre and ordered Hokkien Mee from two diff stalls! 

One with a long queue that had about 7-7 people in line and the other one with no queue! Or maybe about 1-2 people in line...

So who's the winner?!?! 

The one with the lesser queue! (Black signboard)

Indeed Singaporeans tend to love to queue. LOL! But that's not always the best choice.

The Xie Kee Hokkien Mee had a longer queue but the last was bland. Even after adding chilli, it couldn't bring out the taste ok the food. The consistency of the noodle and gravy is not too bad though. Not too water or dry, just nice with the starchy kinda consistency. So basically it's  but would not be my choice stall.
I'd rate it 4/10.

For the one with the black signage, I'm not sure why people don't queue up for it, but I really feel that the stall basically got blocked by the "famous fish soup" stall. You know when too many people start crowding at one stall, not many people wanna walk to the next stall which happens to be the Hokkien Mee stall. So I reckon that's why. 
But of course I still do see orders.... Maybe they r the ones that got cheated by the queue at Xie Kee Hokkien Mee and have learnt to be smarter :) 

The taste of the Hokkien Mee..... Yummmmy! And with the chilli..... Yummier!! I'd rate it 7/10! 

Yeay! A new place to eat my fav Hokkien Mee! 

Cheers:)

YW





No comments:

Post a Comment